(RN) Registered Nurse in Arlington, TX
Unit: Behavioral Health/Psychiatric
Shift: NIGHTS & DAYS
Shift timings: Night shift is 7p - 7a & Days shift is 7a - 7p
· Nursing: (Psych/Behavioral Health/Mental Health) Minimum 1 year (Required)
· EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
· BLS, ACLS (Preferred)
· Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)
· Health insurance
· Retirement plan
· Paid time off
Provides nursing care to assigned residents on the units by utilizing the nursing process, including determination of resident needs, provision of a safe environment, and encouragement of a high level of employee performance. Also, responsible for educating residents about various health conditions and current and/or new medications and provide advice and emotional support to residents and their family members.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. BSN preferred; with a minimum of one (1) year experience working in a behavioral health facility OR Associate Degree in Nursing with a minimum of four (4) years experience working in a behavioral health facility.
2. Currently licensed in Tennessee as a Registered Nurse.
3. Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
4. Knowledge of psychiatric/clinical nursing principles and applications. Must also be knowledgeable of the facility policy and procedure to include, but not limited to health, safety, and infection control.
5. Ability to use good, sound judgment in responding to resident emergencies and in solving problems, and to set a good example for all staff members and residents.