CareStaff Partners is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for a critical travel or local contract position with a Hospital in the Psychiatric (Psych) Unit in Milledgeville, GA
- Specialty: Registered Nurse - RN
- Setting: Hospital - Psychiatric Unit
- Start Date: 03/27/2023
- Shift: Night
- Pay: $67-69
- Contract Length: 4 Weeks
- Licensure/Certification Required: Georgia Nursing License
- Experience Required/Preferred: Prior Hospital Based Experience Required. At least 2 years of Psych/Behavioral Health Experience Required.
Psychiatric Unit Nurse Job Description
Psychiatric unit nurses are registered nurses (RNs) or advanced practice nurses (APNs) who specialize in the institutional care of patients with mental disorders. They work in psychiatric care units at large hospitals and medical centers, usually with patients who are staying in the unit for short term-evaluation or intensive treatment before being returned to their homes for long-term care. They share the same occupational focus and duties as other RNs or APNs, but their work with patients with various mental and behavioral conditions requires them to place focus on patient interaction, as their companionship with their patients is in many ways their primary mode of practice.
Psychiatric Unit Nurse Duties
Psychiatric unit nurses are usually assigned a caseload of patients and provide direct care to their patients, which includes facilitating social and emotional needs, supervising medication schedules and evaluating patient progress. These nurses may also collaborate with a variety of interdisciplinary professionals to determine and provide the best possible care for their patients. Educating the patients' family about them the conditions and how to create a supportive environment for the patients to return to for long-term care and recovery are also common duties.
As many patients are hospitalized because they are a danger to themselves and others, nurses are responsible for maintaining a safe environment through the use of monitoring devices and restraining techniques where deemed necessary. Psychiatric unit nurses provide social support for patients by creating and encouraging patients to take advantage of opportunities such as support groups, social activities and other therapeutic measures, as well as participating with patients where appropriate.
The CareStaff Partners Difference:
- Join a Family Oriented Team that is Passionate about the mutual goal of finding the right local or travel contract position for You and Your Family!
- Seamless Communication and Ongoing Support from your:
- Compliance Specialist
- Payroll Professional
- Human Resources Representative
- Recruiters with Extensive Staffing Industry Knowledge
- Proven Track Record of Recruiting Excellence in Healthcare
- Proud to Offer SAME DAY Medical Insurance - Multiple Coverage Plans to choose from, because there is no one size fits all solution when it comes to your well-being
- Dental and Vision
- Supplemental Options Including, but not limited to - Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Accident, Short Term Disability
- Industry Competitive Pay Packages
- Tax-free allowances available on travel contracts
- Round Trip Travel Pay to and from Assignment
- Guaranteed Hours on most Contracts
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Discounted CEU Access
- Licensure Reimbursement
- Competitive and Timely Paid Referral Bonuses