Registered Nurse, RN - 4 North Ortho Med Surg - Part-Time, Nights
Adventist Health White Memorial is a unique
faith-based teaching hospital serving East Los Angeles and the surrounding
area. The non-profit, 353-bed hospital is committed to improving the health of
the community by providing high quality and comprehensive care with inpatient
and outpatient services.
White Memorial has served the community for over 100
years, and today is regionally recognized for state-of-the-art technology and
specialty care services provided by some of the best physicians in Los Angeles
whose credentials include pioneering research, ivy-league education and a
commitment to compassionate and culturally-competent care.
In 2019 Adventist Health White Memorial won the
prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a RN who:
Delivers coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients according to established standards of care and the nursing process. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned nursing staff, and coordinates care with other disciplines while utilizing critical thinking, professional and supervisory discretion, and independent judgment.
- Collects relevant data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Analyzes the assessment data in determining diagnosis and care issues. Develops a plan that prescribes interventions to attain outcomes. Implements the plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment. Evaluates progress toward attaining outcomes. Identifies outcomes for the patient or the patient's situation.
- Collaborates with the team of patient, family, and healthcare providers in providing patient care in a safe, healing, humane, and caring environment. Provides learning opportunities for patients/family members and team members. Directly provides health information to patients, families, and treatment team.
- Participates in discharge planning in order to provide continuity of care.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of healthcare team members.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
External candidates eligible for up to $8,000 sign-on incentive for this Full-Time, Nights opportunity!
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more.
Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (BSN): Preferred
- Acute care facility experience: Preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state of practice: Required