Job Title: Rehab Coordinator
Location: Facility Based
Reports To: Rehab Director
The responsibility of this position is to coordinate tasks related to the efficient operation of the therapy department under the supervision of a licensed
Therapist. These job responsibilities and duties include both operational and patient related responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transports and assists with patient care under the direct supervision of
licensed therapists and in accordance with all state and federal laws.
- Orders and maintains office supplies per company policy.
Responsible for the department filing, maintaining all filing cabinets, charts, and binders as described in the Facility Organizational Policy.
- Prepares necessary forms to be distributed for physician signature and
tracks the documentation so it is received in a timely manner.
- Once the documentation is returned, complete a thorough review of the documentation to ensure it is complete, accurate and in compliance. Alert the Rehab Director if required.
- Make copies, scan, distribute, file all documentation in both charts and JBS (through Scan Snap) within the designated time frame to ensure all records are maintained accurately and are current and up-to-date.
- Reviews DARs, treatment grids, and other reports as assigned to ensure accuracy and completion under supervision of Rehab Director.
- Attends meetings as directed by the Rehab Director. Takes notes and communicates clearly and effectively back to the Rehab Director and/or therapy staff all relative therapy information as needed.
- Completes Tech Check List (Daily, Weekly, Monthly), notifies Rehab Director of deficient areas and files as required.
- Follows proper procedure for maintaining the cleanliness of the treatment
and office areas. Completes weekly sanitation of all equipment as directed by the Rehab Director.
- Represent the companies of Therapy Management Corporation in a professional manner. Promotes a positive work environment and follows company core values.
- Develop and promote working relationships with all company and facility staff.
- Completes and monitors treatment scheduler and staff scheduler; secures PRN coverage when needed as directed by the Rehab Director.
- Review/approve time sheets daily under the direction of the Rehab Director and in accordance with company policy.
- Assist with answering phones and taking messages as necessary.
- Check emails and distribute as necessary. Ensure that All User and other company communications are distributed/or displayed for all staff to read.
- Completes DAR and timesheet daily.
- Complete assigned tasks as directed by the Rehab Director, Area Manager
and/or Regional Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrate computer proficiency.
- Nurses’ Aide Certification or equivalent, health paraprofessional training
and/or one year experience in the rehabilitation field preferred.
- Ability to successfully complete company Tech Coordinator training and testing.
- Ability to demonstrate customer service and soft skills.
- Ability to follow Therapy Management’s Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines within a team work
- Ability to identify, communicate and resolve issues and concerns as
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to lift and control 50 pounds.