A Rehab Tech-1 with Preferred Therapy Solutions assists the rehabilitation staff with patient-related activities in accordance with state licensure and Practice Acts mandates. A Rehab Tech- 1 also provides technical, and light administrative duties for the Rehabilitation Department.
- Assists with specific treatment activities assigned by the treating therapist.
- Transports patients to and from rehabilitation dept. for scheduled treatment as requested.
- Prepares patient for therapy as directed by supervising therapist.
- Helps in the modification of patient equipment (wheelchairs, splints) as necessary.
- Transfers patients (from supine - sitting - standing) to all surfaces safely.
- Reports patient response to treatment and changes in medical status to supervising therapist immediately.
- Assists with computer data entry and generates reports as requested.
- Photocopying, filing, faxing in an orderly and neat manner.
- Attends in-services and facility meetings as required.
- Maintains rehabilitation area in a neat, clean and safe manner.
- Adheres to equipment cleaning schedule and maintenance and reports equipment in need of repair.
- Orders necessary supplies according to inventory control as instructed by the RD.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation of direct, indirect time, payroll, efficiency and clinical reporting.
- Adheres to confidentiality standards and all Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The qualified candidate will:
- Be available for 30 hours a week, Monday-Friday
- Hold a current CNA certification in the state where job is located
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency, (GED)
- Work cooperatively in group situations
- Demonstrate flexibility, team building, and promote a positive work environment
- Demonstrate knowledge, experience and accuracy in using a variety of software programs - Microsoft Word, Excel, Office and other proprietary-type software programs
- Demonstrate concise oral and written communication skills with rehabilitation staff, facility staff, patients and families
- Have knowledge of medical equipment
- Project a positive and professional image at all times
- Report to work on time and adhere to schedule