Job Description & Requirements
Remote IP Coder II
PERM POSITION: Remote Facility Inpatient Coder II
DEPARTMENT: Health Information Management
POSITION SUMMARY: This is an advanced level coding position that codes and abstracts Inpatient records for data retrieval, analysis, reimbursement and research. Codes and enters diagnostic and procedure codes into a designated coding and abstracting system utilizing the 3M encoder, as appropriate. Meets quality and productivity coding standards and demonstrates the ability to navigate an EMR. Ability to code across all facilities.
· Accurately assigns codes from the current Coding and Indexing systems for inpatient accounts, creates DRG assignments while adhering to coding guidelines, regulations and compliance plan.
· Must be able to code all service lines of IP accounts.
· Responsible for coding all high dollar accounts (defined as >$100K), including interim coding accounts and rehabilitation accounts.
· Accurately works combined and consecutive account workqueue.
· Accurately abstracts pertinent information from inpatient records into the designated computer system and utilizes reports/workqueues effectively for follow up.
· Ability to communicate well verbally and written, stay organized and demonstrate effective time management skills.
· Meets quality and productivity standards.
· Demonstrates proficiency of designated coding and abstracting system, 3M encoder, online resources and electronic medical record (EMR).
· Actively seeks to promote and helps to maintain a professional, team-oriented, service-conscious environment, which contributes to the goals of the team and reflects the values of the system.
· Ability to troubleshoot computer issues while working remotely.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must have a High School Diploma; or GED required, Associate Degree preferred.
• Four (4) years recent acute care hospital Inpatient Coding and abstracting experience.
• Must demonstrate competency of inpatient coding guidelines and DRG assignment.
• Knowledge with recent 3M 360 and EPIC software experience.
• CCS, RHIA, RHIT, CCS-P, COC, CIC, CPC-H, CPC Credentials required by client.
• Demonstrate intermediate to advanced technical coding competency in ICD-10CM/PCS
• Must be technically savvy and have some remote experience.
• 5yrs Academic Acute Care Inpatient Coding experience.
Working Hours Needed:
• M – F 8hrs per day, 40hrs a week, during standard business hours
• Flexible hours during training and prebill review process
Compensation & Benefits:
• Pay Range: TBD very competitive, based on experience.
• Health & Dental
• PTO, Sick Time, 6 paid holidays
• 401K, Weekly Pay
Becoming an AMN Healthcare professional gives you the incredible opportunity to gain critical career experience,
work with new people, and earn a highly competitive salary—but the perks don't stop there. There are many additional benefits to enjoy, including:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Earned time off and paid holidays
- Paid continuing education time
- 401(K) retirement planning
- Short-term disability, life insurance, paid jury duty
- Access to the largest network of facilities and providers in the country
- Industry experienced workforce management team
- Licensure and certification reimbursement
About the Company
At AMN Healthcare, we strive to be recognized as the most trusted, innovative, and influential force in helping healthcare organizations provide quality patient care that continually evolves to make healthcare more human, more effective, and more achievable.