Department: Genomics Core Lab, Baylor University Medical Center
The Research Associate 1 plans and organizes research projects, under the direction of a Principal Investigator, to include coordinating and providing technical direction to research lab staff, examining data to establish next priorities and interpreting and reporting results to Principal Investigator.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Plans and organizes research projects and establishes procedures to be used in executing research studies.
- Coordinates and provides technical direction to the work activities of the project staff to ensure efficient and cost-effective completion of the project. Participates in mentoring activities.
- Examines, interprets, compiles and reports project results to the Principal Investigator (PI).
- Ensures that all safety procedures and research protocols are implied and adhered to by research staff members.
- Presents work at internal or external meetings as requested by PI.
- Organizes, manages and maintains the laboratory and equipment as well as data, specimens and laboratory records.
- Fulfills continuing education and regulatory requirements related to the research performed including safety and compliance training. Participates in internal and external educational activities including attending seminars, presentations and journal clubs.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of basic lab techniques including pipetting, staining, culture techniques and aliquoting.
- Ability to troubleshoot instruments and perform lab maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of safety practices related to work performed.
- Skilled in use of computer software related to research needs including presentation and data investigation programs.
- Able to instruct others in lab and safety protocols.
- Ability to give scientific presentations.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following.
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - 5 Years of Experience
- Next Gen Sequencing Experience (NGS) Preferred