The job details are as follows:
What We Do
We build on the strength of our research and development expertise and a distinctive, entrepreneurial culture that encourages diversity, innovation, creativity, sustainability, and, simply, fun. Since inception, our mission has been to find a cure for pulmonary arterial hypertension and other life-threatening diseases. Toward this goal we have successfully gained FDA approval for five medicines, we are always conducting new clinical trials, and we are working to create an unlimited supply of manufactured organs for transplantation.
We are the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them..
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of “medicines for life”. We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, and other orphan diseases.
How you’ll contribute
Conduct and assist in analytical efforts to evaluate tissue, cell, and cell-secreted products for treating lung disease.
- Routinely perform bioanalytical assays to characterize tissue, cell, or cell-secreted products (ELISA, Western blot, qPCR, flow cytometry, etc.) with supervision
- Routinely analyze and compile bioanalytical assay data with guidance
- Support the analytical development and optimization of tissue, cell, or cell-secreted product characterization; design and execute well-controlled experiments with guidance
- Participate in outsourcing and/or tech transfer of methods to external research or manufacturing organizations as needed
- Participate in experimental scheduling, prioritizing tasks, and resource allocation to maintain efficient workflow
- Maintain high quality laboratory documentation in an internal data management system
- Analyze technical or scientific data and regularly present and discuss with laboratory staff with guidance
- Perform general lab duties to support laboratory operations, including equipment maintenance, autoclaving supplies, preparing solutions & reagents
- Other duties as required
For this role you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in arts/sciences (BA/BS) in biology, cell or molecular biology or biomedical sciences
- For Research Associate I level: 1+ years of relevant laboratory experience in biology, cellular biology, molecular biology, or biomedical sciences; relevant course work or project-based academic research experience may be considered
- For Research Associate II level: 2+ years of post-baccalaureate laboratory experience in biology, cellular biology, molecular biology, or biomedical sciences with a bachelor's degree
- Experience in laboratory techniques, and experimental design
- Highly motivated with a genuine curiosity and ability to problem-solve
- Ability to work efficiently in a team setting
- Ability to work with a diverse set of co-workers
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to independently follow experimental methods and protocols
- Ability to organize data
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to initiate routine and day-to-day tasks
- Facility with appropriate word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and related standard software
- Analytical techniques including Western Blot, ELISA, and RT-PCR analysis
- Master’s degree (MA/MS/MBA) in biology, cell or molecular biology or biomedical sciences
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
While United Therapeutics does not require vaccination for Covid-19 at this time, we strongly encourage all employees and visitors to remain up to date on vaccinations and boosters to protect one another from illness. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere and comply with customers’ credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination against Covid -19, the influenza virus, and other illnesses that could be harmful to healthcare staff and patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities