Respiratory Care Practitioner - RCP II
Position: Respiratory Care Practitioner - RCP II
Location: 747 52nd St., Oakland, CA 94609
Duration: 3+ Months (with possibilities of extension)
Responsible for the assessment of respiratory patients with acute and chronic illnesses, to ensure delivery of clinically appropriate respiratory care procedures as prescribed by the medical staff for neonate, pediatric, adolescent and adult patients.
- Complies with established hospital customer service standards by:
- Utilizing innovative approaches to improve service delivery.
- Maintaining a culture that promotes teamwork and values diversity.
- Accepting personal responsibility and accountability for customer service excellence.
- Creating an environment in which customers feel respected and diversity is valued.
- Communication and listening effectively.
- Exhibiting a flexible and proactive approach to changes in the workplace.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the organization values and mission statement.
- Acknowledging the presence of customers and responding appropriately to their needs.
- Properly applying technical knowledge and skills.
- Taking initiative to go the extra mile to meet customers’ needs.
- Demonstrating reliability and professionalism.
- Promptly solving problems and resolving complaints.
- Competently performs the following professional respiratory care services to patients as ordered by the physician:
- Ventilator management
- Blood gas interpretation
- Airway management (stabilization and clearance)
- Emergency/trauma response
- Delivery of all gases associated with cardiovascular compromise
- Inhaled medication delivery including indications and contraindications and side-effects
- Follows Respiratory Care procedures consistently to ensure safe care including:
- Prioritization of workload
- Critical thinking
- Accurate charting
- Communication with other members of the team
- Functions as a shift Team Leader, supporting peers and management to provide optimal, effective and efficient respiratory care, including:
- Maintaining clinical expertise in all critical care areas
- May be used as preceptor to employees and students
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, review of current literature, attendance at workshops and inservices.
- Attends department meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Skills and Certifications:
- Epic Experience - Highly desired
- Neonatal/pediatric acute and intensive care experience - Highly desired: 1 Years
- BLS - Required
- NRP - Required
- RCP License - Required
- RRT - Required
- Travel Experience - Required: 1 Years
- PALS and ACLS preferred