We are looking for a Supervisor, Respiratory Care with Respiratory Therapy Department at St. Mary Medical Center.
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Shift: 8-hour Day
Provides Respiratory Therapy in all non-critical areas and all critical care area’s (NICU, ICU, ER, PACU, OR, Cath Lab) of the hospital, as well as performs Complete Pulmonary Function Testing as ordered by the Medical Staff of St. Mary Medical Center. The Respiratory Supervisor exercises independent judgments, makes Respiratory Care decisions and takes action based on the knowledge of hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Assists the Department Director in overseeing the daily operation of the department with accountability for leadership, staffing, planning, organizing and controlling, and taking call for the unit in the absence of the Director. The Supervisor will be responsible for assisting the Respiratory Director in JCAHO Preparations, chart auditing, attending meetings, and participating on various Function Teams and/or Committees, participating in staff and patient rounding’s, and education of staff members. The Respiratory Supervisor will assist in the Arterial Blood Gas Lab in maintaining/troubleshooting of analyzers and assuring any and all studies pertinent to the Lab are conducted and completed in a timely manner. Assists the Department Director in recruiting and mentoring Respiratory Therapists in order to reduce and eliminate the use of outside contract staff. Role models proactive, collaborative working relationships across all hospital functions in an interdisciplinary approach to patient care. The Supervisor will assist with standards of care within the department and arterial blood gas lab to ensure patient’s Respiratory Care needs are assessed, evaluated and met. Supervises Respiratory Staff and reports directly to the Director of Respiratory Care.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Knowledge of theory and techniques within scope of practice.
- Extensive knowledge of Respiratory Therapy Procedures
Education: Graduate of an AMA approved Respiratory Education program with a certificate of Completion or diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience in Respiratory Therapy
- Combined with a background in physiology and pharmacology
- Minimum of 3 years Team Leader / Charge experience
License and Certifications:
- Current California RCP License
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider (PALS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)