We are currently seeking a Respiratory Therapist (CRT or RRT) to assist patients in their home environment in the Tallahassee, Florida, area. The RT should possess the clinical expertise to assess patients for respiratory equipment needs and for the selection and troubleshooting of appropriate equipment and/or services provided to meet those needs. The RT should be skilled in instructing patients and/or caregivers on the care and use of oxygen systems, nebulizer medications, PAP therapy, ventilation therapy, as well as, other physician prescribed therapies associated with respiratory care and disease management.
- Offer clinical expertise in providing respiratory related products and services of the company to patients on service.
- Develop and improve respiratory protocols and operational processes for new and existing therapies.
- Assess patient needs, match equipment to those needs, involve the patient/client and/or family, caregiver in the selection process and provide consistent follow-up.
- Prepare for new set ups by reviewing prescription and selecting proper equipment to meet patient needs including: CPAP/BiPAP set-ups (including REST initiation package).
- Contact patient and schedule an appointment for PAP equipment set up.
- Review total PAP therapy along with the REST program and comply with the MedSage call policy.
- Maintain proper confidentiality at all times when answering inquiries.
- Perform CPAP follow-ups according to the REST Policy and Procedure.
- Perform monthly ventilator checks both invasive and non-invasive per the company ventilator policy and procedure.
- Maintain clear documentation on all activities that concern patient care.
- Perform Oxygen set-ups in tandem with ventilator and PAP therapy when required.
- Associate Degree in Respiratory Therapy required; Bachelors degree preferred
- Current Respiratory Therapist license in good standing in the State of employment
- Clean driving record
- Two years of HME/DME required