Respite - Family Friend - Johnston/DSM
This position is for only those candidates who will be working with a specific child.
Do you want to get paid to have fun? If so, ChildServe Respite has a job for you! As a
Respite Service Assistant
you will provide personal care and supervision for children with special health care needs in individual settings. Services are provided in home and community settings.
Flexible scheduling with most shifts occurring after 4pm Monday through Friday, or on weekends.
What You ll Do
- Have fun with kids while their regular caregivers get a break
- Be creative while engaging children in activities
- Provided 1:1 care in the child s home or in the community
- Receive ongoing training and supervision
- Great resume builder for those interested in social work, education, therapy, psychology, and nursing
What You'll Need
- Must be at least 16 years old to apply
- Must be able to provide your own transportation
- Ability to electronically document services provided
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing, and speaking the English language
ChildServe has earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here s why employees love working here:
- Our work matters.
We partner with families to help children with special healthcare needs live a great
- We re not your average non-profit.
We serve 4,600 children each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are one-of-a-kind.
- Our team members rock.
Our teams are filled with people who care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops
. As a non-profit dedicated to innovation, we re proud to help many team members gain new certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career right here at ChildServe.
- We re moving forward together
. Experts across multiple disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Ready to leave work every day knowing you ve made a difference for kids and families? Let s move Forward Together - apply today!
ChildServeis an Equal Opportunity Employer.