TRANSITIONS OF CARE RESTORATIVE NURSE ASSITANT
Reports to: Transitions of Care Supervisor with dotted line to Director of Rehab
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide opportunities for patients to experience optimal independence in the following areas:
- Eating- including use of safe swallow strategies as indicated
- Bed Mobility
- Bladder & Bowel Retraining
- Range of Motion (Active/Passive)
- Splinting/ or Brace assistance
- Carry out individual Restorative program for patients as directed by Transitions of Care supervisor, following instructions from nursing supervisor and/or Rehab Team.
- Inform Restorative Nurse or DON of any changes in patient status.
- Report any change in patient's function at Weekly Skilled Care Management Meeting.
- Complete annual training of RNP Modules in Relias
- Complete annual training per DOR/Therapist Training Checklist
- Assure all equipment is clean and functional.
- Complete daily and weekly documentation in Care Tracker as indicated.
- Provide transitional care training to CNAs.
- Manage Restorative Dining and Walk-to-Dine Programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Certified Nursing Assistant as per State regulations and requirements
- Completion of the Restorative Nursing Program and demonstration of competency
- Ability to read and legibly write English or primary facility language
- Ability to communicate professionally with all members of the Interdisciplinary Team as well as respectfully to all patients and staff
- Demonstrate proficiency in Care Tracker documentation in a timely manner
- Experience in post-acute care is preferred
- RNA must demonstrate proficiency of Care Tracker and PCC documentation through completion of all required items in an accurate and timely manner.