Baylor Scott & White Health is recruiting a BC/BE Retinal Surgeon to join an established Ophthalmology practice in Round Rock, Texas, (Greater Austin Area).
- Join an established Ophthalmology practice at Baylor Scott & White Medical to provide retinal surgery to patients in the community.
- Ability to provide outreach to Georgetown/Sun City clinic one day per week
- Work setting is primarily outpatient with some impatient consults
- Team includes: 2 Ophthalmologist (Round Rock) and 2 optometrists
- Monday-Friday of patient care needs is the expected routine work schedule
- Call: 1 week per month
- Open to new fellows
- Employed position with a comprehensive benefit package
- Epic EMR system
Benefits: Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and time off
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar employer match
- 457(f) savings plan with employer contribution
- CME reimbursement ($4,200) and 3 weeks paid days off for CME each year
- 4 weeks of paid vacation days each year
- Excellent relocation assistance package, and much more!
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health now includes 48 hospitals, more than 1,000 access points, 9,600 active physicians, and 48,000 employees, plus the Scott and White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research Institute and Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance—a network of clinical providers and facilities focused on improving quality, managing the health of patient populations, and reducing the overall cost of care.
About Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Round Rock
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Round Rock is a 101-bed, full-service hospital with a Level IV Trauma designation. The medical center offers a wide network of medical expertise and resources and includes a full range of personalized care in more than 40 specialties. A freestanding cancer center and care clinic operate adjacent to the hospital.
About the Community
Located immediately north of Austin, Round Rock is one of the fastest-growing communities in the U.S. and one of the best-managed cities in Texas. It’s also cited as one of the nation’s “Top Cities for Living the American Dream” and the “Safest City in Texas.” Here you’ll find topnotch entertainment and dining options as well as state-of-the-art sports facilities, a large outlet mall (think IKEA, Disney, J Crew, and over 115 more stores), a highly rated public-school district and more. Quite simply, one of the country’s most livable towns.
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine
- Licensed to Practice Medicine in the state of Texas by the Texas Medical Board
- Where Applicable- Employee shall be currently board certified in his or her specialty or demonstrate active pursuit of board certification as defined by the appropriate specialty board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Bureau of Osteopathic Specialist.
Five of our hospitals made Healthgrades’ America’s 250 Best Hospitals list, indicating they are in the top 5% in the nation for overall clinical excellence.
For additional information, please contact:
Melisa Harrison, Physician Recruiter | Melisa.Harrison@BSWHealth.org