Position: RN Clinical Manager - Maternal Child Health
Location: Porterville, CA
Duration: Full-time / Direct Hire
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have evidence of leadership skills, successful interpersonal relations, and accepting increased responsibility in supervision, administration, and education.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence if required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as metric system proportions and percentages if required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Under the general direction of the Director of the Maternal Child Health Department, the R.N. Clinical Manager of Post-Partum/Women's Services, NICU, and Lactation independently provides holistic, individualized care using the nursing process for patients routinely seen on the unit.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical competency, nursing judgment, teaching skills, and a commitment to improving the quality of patient care.
- Independently performs general and unit-specific clinical skills.
- Contributes to the Client's Center Department of Patient Care Services and the nursing profession in a positive manner.
- Collaborates with the Department Director to provide 24-hour, 7-day/week management oversight of the Department and when assigned, will assume 24-hour, seven-day responsibility, authority, and accountability in the absence of the Unit Director.
- Will be responsible for ensuring the department and all individuals in the department achieve the vision and clinical expectations for the assessment, treatment, and care of patients as appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the patient's needs. Possesses knowledge of growth and development, and has an understanding of the range of treatment needed for all patient groups.
- Must be able to work normal/scheduled working hours which may include Holidays, call-backs, weeknights, weekends, and on-call in the Director's absence
- Agrees to participate, as directed, in emergencies and community disasters during scheduled and unscheduled hours.
- Needs to recognize that they have an affirmative duty and responsibility for reporting perceived misconduct, including actual or potential violations of laws, regulations, policies, procedures, or this organization’s standards/code of conduct.
- The employee must work well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of California.
- Must have current BLS and ACLS certification or obtain within orientation process, prior to hands-on patient care.
- Must have or complete RN-C National Certification in area of specialty within 12-months of acceptance into the position
- Three (3) years of clinical experience in NICU required
- BSN required or in progress to be achieved within 18 months of acceptance into the position
- Must complete these following classes within six (6) months of date of hire: Transfer Class, Dysrhythmia Class, and Gnosis program.
- NRP and stable classes must be successfully completed within 6 months of hire
For immediate consideration please create a profile and submit your resume through our applicant tracking system. Applications with attached resumes will be given first consideration. Visit us online at www.allmedstaffing.com to learn more about our company and to view additional openings in your area.
About Us: All Medical Personnel is a national leader in healthcare staffing and recognized by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) as one of the nation's largest healthcare staffing firms. Our team of seasoned recruiters are experienced in their ability to recruit, screen and place medical professionals for all types of healthcare settings.