RN - Continuing Care – Travel
Job Title: RN - Continuing Care – Travel
Location: 12019 Verhoeff Dr., Huntersville Oaks, Huntersville, NC
Shift: 07:00 AM – 07:00 PM (12 Hour Night Shifts) – 3 days a week
- The Continuing Care (CC) RN provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes, identification, planning, implementation and evaluation in accordance with service line policies.
- The CC RN will assist in maintaining a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner.
- The CC RN maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the age culture developmental stages and special needs of the patient population served.
- A registered nurse’s practice is guided by the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements.
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumers health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine actual or potential diagnoses problems and Issues. Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected measurable outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan coordinates care delivery and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
- Practices In a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles.
- Communicates affectively in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumer and other key stakeholders in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Leads within the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Evaluates one’s own and others nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines relevant statutes rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources lo plan provide and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe effective and fiscally responsible.
- Practices In an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Practices ethically.
- Promotes shared governance or facility decision making activities developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes and promotion.
- Seeks knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice and promotes futuristic thinking.
- Models the mission vision values Standards of Excellence and goals of the Carolinas Healthcare System.
- Supports and contributes to the Patient Centered Care Philosophy by understanding that every teammate Is a Caregiver whose role is to meet the needs of the patient.
- Additional education training certifications or experience may be required within the department by the nurse leader.
- Work requires walking standing silting lifting reaching stooping bending pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling patients’ medical equipment and supplies.
- Must speak English in good understandable terms.
- Intact sense of sight hearing smell touch.
- Finger dexterity.
- Critical thinking and ability to concentrate.
- Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions.
- Physical abilities testing required.
- Additional department specific physical requirements may be Identified for unique responsibilities within the department by the nurse leader.
- BLS – Required
- BSN - Highly desired
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing – Required
- RN License – Required
Certifications & Licenses:
- BLS – AHA
- Experience with long term care or Med/Surg is a plus.
- Experience working with the elderly population is also a plus.