The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Home Care Supervisor in planning, organizing, and directing patient care services in accordance with current standards and regulations so that the highest degree of quality care will be maintained at all times. The Home Care RN is responsible for completing timely intake home safety evaluations and nursing assessments, developing the home care plan, and provides clinical support for HHAs . The Home Care RN completes supervisory visits, and assists in meeting financial targets by effectively managing utilization, productivity, personnel and supplies. Confers and collaborates with the IDT in implementation of the home care treatment plan. Under the direction of the Home Care Supervisor, the Home Care RN is also responsible for assisting in the hiring process; orientation of new employees, in-service training, and evaluation of HHAs. This position represents Home Care in the IDT meetings, and maintains knowledge specific to the needs of the unique patient populations. The Home Care RN takes after hours Nursing Supervisor call on rotation. Other managerial tasks and projects may be assigned as necessary by Home Care Supervisor.
Education / Certifications / Licensure:
- Associate's Nursing degree required.
- CA RN License.
- BLS Healthcare Provider CPR certification required.
- Valid CA driver's license.
- Automobile Insurance required.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working with frail elderly required.
- Professional experience in a Home Health / Home Care setting required.
- Professional experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Knowledge of PACE and Title XXII for Home Health preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have excellent organization and supervisory skills to handle multiple level complex patient care issues.
- Demonstrated ability to provide information / education to varied education levels for patient, family and staff.
- Must be able to handle sensitive issues.
- Must be able to handle conflict with or among others, respectively direct and reinforce staff efforts.
- Effectively plan and organize and prioritize work, think critically to both effectively plan and organize department operations consistent with SSC PACE's strategic and operating objectives.
- Must be able to deal with challenging work environment with time demands and occasional conflicting priorities.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, motivation, flexibility, energy and creativity.
- Ability to form harmonious working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Excellent collaborative and problem solving skills with customers and management.
- Ability to exercise independent sound judgment in planning and providing patient care.
- Demonstrated ability in physical, psychosocial, and environmental assessment skills and in implementing plan of treatment.
- Bilingual a plus, not required.
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, Sacramento
Organization: Sutter Senior Care
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.