RN ICU Nights WEO *($10,000 Sign-on Bonus)
Essential Duties/Competenciesinclude the following. Other duties or task may be requested or assigned by immediate supervisor, his/her designee, or other management/supervisor.
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients.
- Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Physician and/or hospital policy including patient and family instruction.