$10,000 **HIRING BONUS for Labor & Delivery RN's who are new to SMC/PSJH plus RELOCATION Assistance!
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse (0.9 FTE, Night Shift) to work in Labor and Delivery at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.
The Registered Nurse provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan.
In this position you will:
- Assess, identify appropriate nursing diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates patients’ care. Develops, updates and coordinates the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community.
- Accountable for safety, identify and correct problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS Certification (specialty areas may require additional certifications)
12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
About the First Hill Campus
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.
Employee Status: Regular Job Type: Regular