RN/LPN - Full Time - Weekdays - Rehabilitation
$3000 hiring bonus!
you will provide professional nursing services to children and young adults, ages birth to 21 years. You will also assist with personal care and skill development as needed. As a member of our interdisciplinary team, you will work within the framework of physicians orders, care team guidelines, individualized care plans, professional/regulatory guidelines, and ChildServe policies/procedures. Our nurses are expected to exercise professional judgment regarding the medical conditions, the health, and the safety of the children.
*current full-time employees are not eligible for the hiring bonus*
6:00am - 6:00pm, three days per week, and every third weekend
ChildServe offers a Nurse Residency program to support the transition to practice for nurses who have graduated from a nursing program within the past 12 months. If you are hired for a position on our rehabilitation or long term care units, you will automatically be enrolled in the Nurse Residency. The residency is a combination of online lectures and discussions, a hands-on skills practice, and an evidence-based project all supported by monthly meetings with a Clinical Learning & Development Specialist.
What You'll Do
- Within the nursing scope of practice, physician s orders, and the patient s care plan, make decisions and deliver a full range of nursing care based on the fundamentals of the nursing process.
- Maintain accurate, completed, and timely records as defined by nursing standards of practice and ChildServe policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, respectfully, and professionally with patients, physicians, families, school personnel, ChildServe staff, and others to assure assigned child s care needs are assessed, communicated, and met.
- Provide oversight of the care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and paraprofessionals.
- Provide training to children and young adults, families, and staff as needed to help advance the skills and knowledge of all people associated with a child s care delivery.
- Demonstrate good stewardship of ChildServe equipment, supplies, and environment.
- Complete other duties as assigned
What You'll Need
- Current valid license as a RN or LPN in Iowa
- Documentation of current CPR/BLS certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing and speaking the English language
ChildServe has earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here s why employees love working here:
- Our work matters.
We partner with families to help children with special healthcare needs live a great life.
- We re not your average non-profit.
We serve 4,600 children each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are one-of-a-kind.
- Our team members rock.
Our teams are filled with people who care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops
. As a non-profit dedicated to innovation, we re proud to help many team members gain new certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career right here at ChildServe.
- We re moving forward together
. Experts across multiple disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Ready to leave work every day knowing you ve made a difference for kids and families? Let s move Forward Together - apply today!
ChildServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.