RN/LPN - PRN (6a-10p; 1-2 days/week) - Pediatric Homecare
Are you looking to build meaningful relationships while making a difference in the lives of the clients you work with? Would you enjoy providing 1:1 continuing care, rather than caring for multiple patients during one shift?
Join our team as a Homecare nurse and watch your pediatric client grow and thrive at home, with their family!
- $2000 for day shift; $2500 for evening shift. Ask for more details.
We are looking for a compassionate and dependable RN/LPN to provide 1:1 care to a 5 year old in their home
Position Type: PRN (1-2 shifts per week for both shifts)
Shift options: M-F, 6a-2p, 2p-10p; Every Weekend, 2p-10p
Location: Des Moines Metro
What You'll Do
- Serve as the sole provider of a full range of nursing services as defined within the nursing scope of practice, physician s orders, and the client specific care plan.
- You ll never be sent to a home unprepared! All staff receive in-home, client specific training with another nurse prior to working alone in the client home.
- Clinical support from experienced nurses is available during all operating hours.
- Communicate effectively, respectfully, and professionally with all members of the client care team to assure assigned child s care needs are assessed, communicated, and met.
- Provide training to clients, families, and staff as needed to help advance the skills and knowledge of all people associated with a child s care delivery.
What You'll Need
- Current valid license as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in Iowa
- Documentation of current CPR/BLS certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing and speaking the English language
ChildServe has earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here s why employees love working here:
- Our work matters.
We partner with families to help children with special healthcare needs live a great
- We re not your average non-profit.
We serve 4,600 children each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are one-of-a-kind.
- Our team members rock.
Our teams are filled with people who care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops
. As a non-profit dedicated to innovation, we re proud to help many team members gain new certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career right here at ChildServe.
- We re moving forward together
. Experts across multiple disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Ready to leave work every day knowing you ve made a difference for kids and families? Let s move Forward Together - apply today!
ChildServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.