RN PACU PreOp PRN SMA Surgery Center - Las Vegas, NV
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work. (sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi - specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients' compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
***This position is for the Charleston Surgery Center Location***
***Per Diem - Required 2 Days per week***
The Pre - OP / PACU RN supports the vision of the positive patient experience (PPE) by working cooperatively with the Pre - Op / PACU / OR teams to achieve positive patient outcomes. Supports standards of care in association with compliance to all state and federal regulations, standards of practice and SMA policies and procedures. These positions will also allow for varied scheduling of surgeries to accommodate requests for late blocks and possible weekend blocks for surgeries.
- Implement patient care using nursing process of assessment, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documentation
- Documentation of initial assessment, nursing intervention and patient and facility education and response
- Safe control of all pharmacy and medical supplies. Assists in maintaining clean patient care environment
- Professional courteous rapport with patient's families, coworkers, and surgeons. Liaison between patient, family, surgeon, and staff to coordinate care and services
- Conduct pre- and post- operative teaching to patient and family members
- Participate in facility compliance activities and programs
- Work cooperatively with other members of the team to maintain records and reach facility goals
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted NV RN license or temporary NV RN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV RN license upon expiration of temporary NV RN license
- 1+ years of critical care experience in ICU / IMC / ER / PACU / Urgent Care
- BLS / ACLS
- PALS (or willing to obtain within 60 days of hire)
- Willing to work both Pre - op and Recovery
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Pre-op and or PACU / Recovery
- Previous Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) experience
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse, RN, Registered Nurse, Critical Care, Surgery, Ambulatory, PACU, Pre-Op, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada