Role: RN-PACU (Travel)
Location: Albemarle, NC 28001
Duration: 3 months
The RN Clinical Nurse provides comprehensive nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with facility or department policies, procedures, and/or protocols under the supervision of the nursing leader. The RN Clinical Nurse assists in maintaining a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. The RN Clinical Nurse maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served. A registered nurse’s practice is guided by the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements.
- Collects pertinent data and information relative to the healthcare consumer’s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the actual or potential diagnoses, problem, and issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected, measurable outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
- Practices ethically.
- Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumers and other key stakeholders in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Leads within the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Seeks knowledge and competence that reflects the current nursing practice and promotes futuristic thinking.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Evaluates one’s own and others’ nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules, and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Participate in committees, shared governance, or facility decision-making activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes and promotion.
- Models the Atrium Health mission, vision, and value.
- Supports and contributes to the Patient-Centered Care Philosophy by understanding that every teammate is a Caregiver whose role is to meet the needs of the patient.
- Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies.
- Must speak English in good, understandable terms.
- Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch.
- Finger dexterity.
- Critical thinking and the ability to concentrate.
- Must be able to respond quickly to changes in inpatient and/or unit conditions.
- Physical Abilities Testing required.
- Additional department specific physical requirements may be identified for unique responsibilities within the department by the nurse leader.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to the American Heart Association.
- Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works.
- Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse leader.
- Complies with the requirements for advancement, maintenance, approved certification, and nursing education as outlined in the Professional Nurse Clinical Advancement Program
Certifications & Licenses:
ACLS - AHA
BLS - AHA
- PALS - AHA