RN Rehab *St. Elias, 0. 75 FTE Night Shift*
RN Rehab *St. Elias, 0. 75 FTE Night Shift*
Job Number: 283170Schedule: Part-timeShift: NightJob Category: Medical/Surgical NursingLocation: Alaska-AnchorageProvidence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (Rehab
, Nights, 0. 75 FTE) to
St Elias Specialty Hospital
in Anchorage, Alaska.
We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
- Employs Nursing Professional Practice: Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates patients' care. Develops, updates and coordinates the patient's plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
- Advocates: Effectively advocates for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Facilitates Learning: Fosters a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community.
- Aligns Practice with Safety and Quality: Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes.
- Engages in Professional Development: Engages in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promotes a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Leads in the Practice Setting & Community: Leads and coordinates teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Models professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire or equivalent educ/experience
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) - (BLS Provider) upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing upon hire
- 1 year acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
- National Certification in area of specialty
About St Elias Specialty Hospital
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles.
St Elias Specialty Hospital provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit Our Mission As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.About Us Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.