To provide quality nursing care to all residents, recognize changes in their conditions, and take necessary
actions. To supervise unlicensed staff assigned to unit as needed.
Be BG | Why Work for us:
BENEFITS FOR BISHOP GADSDEN TEAM MEMBERS
- End-of-the-Year Bonus
- Scholarship Opportunities for Education and Student Debt
- Generous Paid Time-Off Program
- Cash-In Unused Paid Time-Off
- 401(k) Matching Retirement Plan
- eLearning Classes and Certificates
- Monthly Employee Celebrations with Gift Card Giveaways
- 8 Holidays, paid at time and a half
- Free holiday meals
- Company Paid CPR/AED Classes
- Cafe Discounts
- Wellness Programs and Facilities
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account with $1,000 to spend on medical expenses
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year Recognition Programs
- Annual Nursing Awards
- Monthly Safety Cash Giveaways
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Loan Program
- Free and Close Proximity Parking
- Responsible for total nursing care of residents.
- Visit each resident, make staff assignments, and instruct staff of needs to provide optimum care.
- Interact with staff, residents, families, and physicians to provide optimum care for each resident.
- Note any changes in resident’s mental or physical condition and communicate same to physician and/or Charge Nurse.
- Enter all pertinent information in resident’s record daily and follow up with other staff to ensure accuracy of care.
- Respect rights and privacy of each resident while fulfilling responsibilities for their care.
- Administer medications according to established procedures and in a timely manner. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Order new medications and refills in timely manner.
- Must be able to administer IV medication as instructed by physician.
- Encourage resident participation in unit life and activities.
- Encourage staff interaction with residents during waking hours.
- Keep Charge Nurse/Nurse Supervisor updated regarding performance of personnel assigned to the unit.
- Assume a leadership role and demonstrate this role to unit personnel by example.
- Provide direction and supervision for unit staff if necessary.
- Assist in unit orientation and guidance of all new employees as assigned.
- Interpret Bishop Gadsden’s Vision and Mission to personnel, residents, families, and the community as necessary.
- Strive to gain confidence of personnel by demonstrating a helpful attitude and ability to resolve issues as needed.
- Maintain a pleasant, respectful, courteous demeanor, and encourage all unit personnel to do the same.
- Complete all request with outside services accurately and timely.
- Listen to report from preceding nurse and provide pertinent information to C.N.A.’s.
- Work independently with proper direction.
- Perform all duties assigned in an effective, timely, and professional manner.
- Follow fire safety and general safety guidelines.
- Attends annual in-service and department training as required
- Assumes all duties as assigned by DON, ADON, and/or supervisor.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be licensed by the state of South Carolina and in good standing with a current active license.
- Must be in good physical health and capable to perform job duties.
- Must be CPR certified