RN/Staff Nurse- Recovery Room Services
LCMC Health is a Louisiana-based, not-for-profit healthcare system serving the needs of the people of Louisiana, the Gulf South and beyond. LCMC Health currently manages award-winning hospitals including Children's Hospital of New Orleans, Touro Infirmary, New Orleans East Hospital, University Medical Center and West Jefferson Medical Center.
For 165 years, Touro has been in the vanguard of medical excellence. As one of New Orleans most enduring monuments, Touro Infirmary stands for stability. Tens of thousands of babies have been born here, and we've treated more than a million people. Our modern facilities utilize the latest technology. Touro offers a full range of services including emergency services, preventive diagnostics, surgical care, women s services, cardiology, cancer treatment, rehabilitation, imaging, orthopedics, stroke care and more. In its history, Touro Infirmary has cared for generations of New Orleanians. Our patients and the community can count on our ongoing commitment the health and wellbeing for generations to come.
The purpose of the job is to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care based on standards of care and the policies of Touro Infirmary. The RN/Staff delegates to professional and non-professional personnel involved in the delivery of patient care.
- 2 years for a flex RN position
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program
- Advance Cardiac Life Support , Basic Life Support/CPR , Registered Nurse
- 1 year in a related clinical area
- Certified Critical Care Nurse , Cert Post Anesthesia Nurse , Peds Advance Life Support
- Facilitates and maintains a safe environment for patients and others.
- Utilizes the nursing process to deliver patient care.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members to identify actions to improve patient care.
- Facilitates continuity of patient care.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Touro Infirmary reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Touro Infirmary is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.