Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Temple is seeking a full-time contract Registered Nurse to join our amazing Surgery-Trauma Intensive Care Unit.
The #1 City in the nation for Registered Nurse opportunities and advancement! Baylor Scott & White Memorial Hospital is a 636-bed multi-specialty care, teaching hospital and the only Level 1 Trauma Center between Dallas and Austin.
Sign-on bonus and Completion bonus offered to qualified candidates
Status: Full-Time, 36 hours per week
Location: Temple, Texas
Department: Surgery Trauma ICU
This 23-bed Surgery-Trauma Intensive Care Unit (STICU) provides the opportunity to work with a variety of patients ranging from Adults to Geriatrics. Highly trained Level 1 Trauma Nursing staff. STICU patients are managed using a closed admission structure by STICU Intensivists under the oversight of our STICU Medical Director in collaboration with our Nursing Director of Critical Care, STICU Nurse Manager, and STICU Nurse Supervisors.
Achievements & Recognitions
-ANCC Magnet Designation 2021
-AACN Silver Beacon Award Designation 2020-2023
-Healthgrades America’s 250 Best Hospitals Award 2022
-Healthgrades Critical Care Excellence Award 2022
-American College of Surgeons and Department of State Health Services: EMS-Trauma Systems: Level I (Comprehensive) Trauma Center re-designation 2022
-Department of State Health Services: EMS-Trauma Systems: Level 1 (Comprehensive) Stroke Facility Designation 2020
-Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network: Transplant Center Designation (Medicare Approved) 2020
-The Joint Commission Hospital Accreditation: Gold Seal of Approval 2020
-The Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification: Gold Seal of Approval 2020
-The Joint Commission Advanced Certification in Stroke -Primary Stroke Center 2020
“We are the only Level 1 Trauma Center and Magnet Facility between Dallas and Austin, TX. Great teamwork and workplace atmosphere. Multidisciplinary collaboration with physicians and other departments. Access to great growth opportunities in the BSWH system. Great staffing ratios.”
- Michelle RN Supervisor STICU
- Beginning on day 1
- Eligibility for health, dental, vision and welfare benefits
- 401(k) plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Paid Time OFF
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance program
- Paid referral bonuses
- License and certification reimbursement
- Discount programs
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
Baylor Scott & White Health Registered Nurses Enjoy
- Competitive pay including our Registered Nurse Bonus Program rewarding nurses for providing exceptional care and improving patient outcomes.
- Attractive Relocation Assistance for full-time candidates.
- A strong shared governance model featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses and improve patient outcomes.
- Access to more than 4,000 hours of online continuing education for professional development.
- A strong system Nurse Practice Council that uses autonomy, authority, and accountability in collaboration with transformational nursing leadership to drive nursing practice throughout Baylor Scott & White Health.
- A spirit of inquiry and innovation that promotes evidence-based practice, research, and innovations in nursing practice.
- A healthy work environment and culture of safety using inter-professional collaboration and professional competencies to meet the needs of patients to provide safe passage and quality outcomes at every encounter.
Why Baylor Scott & White Health
At Baylor Scott & White Health, we empower each other to create healthier communities and deliver safe and high-quality care across the state of Texas. With more than 52 hospitals, 800 access points, a quality health plan and an award-winning research institute, you’ll enjoy endless opportunities to make your mark on the future of healthcare. At Baylor Scott and White Health, you’ll be joining a team that’s committed to better. Because better never settles. And neither should you.
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health has the resources to offer a variety of career opportunities to meet your personal and professional goals.
The Baylor Scott & White Health nursing team challenges each other to innovate, to constantly raise the bar and to never settle. Every day, our diverse group of team members bring unique talents, a passion for innovation and a deep Commitment to those we serve.
Baylor Scott & White Health is the most awarded system in Texas, and a Certified Great Place to Work! Consider a career move to Memorial Hospital and join our exceptional nursing team committed to something better.
- Graduate of an Accredited RN School of Nursing
- Active Registered Nurse License
- Minimum of 1 year of RN experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - Completed within 30 days of start date