SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Respiratory Therapist.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits may include:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee stock purchase program
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Flex spending
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Student Loan Repayment
- And, sign-on bonus and relocation assistance for strong, experienced RRT's
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Respiratory team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
We are searching for an RRT to join our patient-centeted Respiratory team in PRN position.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is responsible for routine and high-risk respiratory procedures across the facility. The RRT will provide clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high-quality, efficient care. The RRT will assess patients by performing diagnostic tests and evaluations, treating patients and tracking progress. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
- You will perform routine and high-risk procedures as prescribed by the Physician and follow appropriate policy in the application of respiratory procedures.
- You will communicate with physicians on the effectiveness of respiratory care procedures.
- You will thoroughly explain and answer patient and family questions regarding respiratory care.
- You will review patients' charts to verify order and check for contradictions of therapy.
- You will assess patient and provide proper documentation in patient's chart as related to therapy.
- You will assemble, install, disassemble, assess and maintain equipment according to manufacturer and department policy.
- Acceptable degree from an accredited school - Associate in Respiratory Therapy or Bachelor Degree in Respiratory Therapy is required
- A Registered Respiratory Therapist license in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation, is required
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) Provider is required
- 1-3 years of experience is preferred
Doctors Hospital of Augusta is a 350+ bed HCA Healthcare facility located near the Georgia-South Carolina state border. Doctors Hospital is well known for its Joseph M. Still Burn Center, the largest burn center in the country, which sees more than 3,000 patients annually. In addition, the burn center was granted a special burn designation as part of the Georgia Trauma Care Network. This designation included a rigorous review program administered by the American Burn Association (ABA) and the American College of Surgeons (ACA). Doctors Hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke Center, as well as an accredited Chest Pain Center and is designated a Center of Excellence in Women’s Health Surgery. At Doctors Hospital, we have a highly trained team to care for serious emergencies. As an ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center, our ER team is ready 24-hour a day to take care of critically ill or injured patients. Fully-staffed 24/7 with board-certified trauma surgeons and a team of experienced professionals, life-saving surgery is available within minutes of arrival. Patients are cared for in two dedicated trauma bays in our Emergency Department.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Doctors Hospital of Augusta, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.