Vir Biotechnology is a clinical-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of five product candidates targeting SARS-CoV-2, hepatitis B virus, influenza A, human immunodeficiency virus and tuberculosis.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking a highly talented and motivated immunologist to join our Immunology team to tackle challenges spanning discovery research and pre-clinical development. The successful candidate will join Vir's efforts in discovery and translational research aimed at development of novel therapeutic programs, including a strong emphasis on assay development and conducting key biological studies. This person will have significant interactions with discovery research teams at Vir. Experience and understanding of immunology related to diverse microbial pathogens and/or vaccines preferred.
- Planning, validation, execution, and interpretation of cutting-edge immunologic assays of considerable scope and complexity.
- Present scientific work in peer-reviewed journals, scientific conferences, and internal meetings.
- Maintain project timelines and actively participate in team meetings.
- Keeps thorough and accurate records of activities, experimental details, and results related to assigned projects.
- May serve as the immunology representative in internal and external teams across multifunctional project or functional areas.
- May provide scientific mentorship to team members.
- Actively seeks opportunities to continuously improve.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidate must have an MD and/or PhD and 1+ year of relevant industry/academic experience with focus in either immunology or infectious disease. Some postdoctoral experience is preferred.
- Must have a broad fundamental understanding of the immune response to acute and chronic infections.
- Technical expertise with in vitro cellular immunology assays and/or molcular immunology are required.
- Productivity and organizational skills to lead, assist, and/or consult on a diverse array of scientific projects.
- Must be a creative and critical thinker, and able to work with direction (moving towards independence) to determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and strong interpersonal skills are required
- MD and/or PhD in immunology, microbiology, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or related scientific field.
Vir is a company with a compelling mission, "A World Without Infectious Disease". We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our business. This is reflected in our ongoing commitment to creating an environment focused on equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and inspired to contribute at their best, we will collectively deliver amazing results.
Vir is committed to attracting and employing a diverse workforce to strengthen our values and mission. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that Recruiters not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.