Vir is a clinical-stage immunology company with a compelling mission: "A World Without Infectious Disease". We are focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies. We have assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking an experienced Scientist or Engineer to join a fast-paced interdisciplinary team passionate about downstream process development of viral vaccine vectors. This person will develop methods for the production, purification, and testing of new technologies and products.
- Optimize vaccine vector production, scale-up, purification, process optimization, process validation, and technology transfer.
- Develop process controls by applying appropriate analytics, and generation/review of batch records for development and production.
- May participate in the development of patent applications, publications, and documentation to support regulatory submissions.
- Serves as internal specialist working closely with multi-functional functional teams and external partners (CMOs, Suppliers, etc.).
- May act as advisor to senior management and assist with the professional development and management of the process development group.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in mammalian cell/virus culture with upstream aseptic bioprocess operations in closed culture system techniques preferred.
- Capabilities in downstream process development, such as bulk harvest and purification, tangential flow filtration, and cryopreservation processes.
- Knowledge of cell based and molecular analytical methods including ELISA, Western blot, immunofluorescence assays, viral growth curves, viral titers, transfections, and PCR preferred.
- Ability to apply process engineering principles for scale-up and scale-out of bioprocesses that enable multi-site process development and manufacturing.
- Experience developing cGMP compliant processes and working within a quality environment.
- BS/MS/PhD in a scientific or engineering field
- BS 8+ years, MS 6+ years, PhD 2+ years' experience in industry
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.