Security Officer 1 - Twin Falls
St. Luke's Health System in
Twin Falls, ID
is seeking a
Security Officer 1
to join our Security team.
(Work Schedule will vary)
Under general supervision, the Security Officer 1 is responsible for the safety and well-being of patients, visitors, staff, and hospital property.
- Makes periodic tours of premises and grounds, examining doors, windows and gates to ensure that they are properly secured; guards property against damage, fire, theft, trespassing and illegal entry; controls access to health system facilities.
- Applies de-escalation tactics in working with high risk patients, ensuring patients do not harm themselves or others; participates in care plan for high risk individuals, including physical control within established parameters.
- Uses preventative patrol and loss prevention techniques; investigates incidents, collects data and reports security, safety and fire hazards.
- Investigates disturbances, may serve as liaison with police, and in the event of an emergency, maintains order and safety of personnel.
- Maintains daily log; maintains security equipment.
- Directs patrons or employees and answers questions relative to location of organization's services.
- May monitor patient, visitor and employee parking in garages, lots and zones, enforce parking regulations and issue parking citations when appropriate.
- Handles basic issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses beginning to working knowledge of subject matter.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: 0 years experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver's license in state of practice and proof of driver's insurance.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.