About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Strategy, Finance, and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk’s short and long-term planning, the Strategy, Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends, and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Responsible for Accounts Payable and Expense Management Customer Service areas at Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) including the related Global Business Services (GBS) process. Responsibilities include expense system & customer support, accounts payable oversight and corporate card administration, auditing, live training, providing insights and opportunities for improvement, and metrics reporting. Safeguards the assets and interests of the company by applying relevant policies, procedures, rules and regulations as required. This position is responsible for supporting all project related tasks including development, tracking, implementation, training and follow through, for system upgrades and enhancements in the financial transactions area.
Reports to the Senior Manager Financial Transactions. This position works closely with the Senior Analyst Customer Service, Global Business Services, Travel, Fleet and Procurement Operations. Also interacts with all Novo Nordisk employees, HQ and global affiliates on customer service related matters. Extensive inter and intra-departmental contact is required as well as contact with individuals representing outside organizations on matters of importance to the function. Position requires advanced presentation and analytical skills.
- Oversees the timely and accurate processing of Account Payable and Expense Management transactions. Provides 2nd level customer support/service to all employees in the Expense Management and Accounts Payable area
- Key partner providing guidance and assistance to the GBS financial transactions teams
- Creates /Develops/ executes training to all field and in-house employees on Expense Reimbursement and Accounts Payable System and related policies/procedures. (i.e., Live Trainings, Webinars, On Point)
- Assists in the development and maintaining integrity of controls to ensure compliance with the internal controls provisions of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Completes and develops transactional metrics/key performance indicators (KPIs) and analytical support to provide insights to improve processes on the financial transaction team
- Completes trade receivables purchase program activities and associated controls as required
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all Federal and State 1099/WBEN reporting requirements
- Maintains Corporate Card Program & oversees daily activity
- Works independently on a variety of complex and diversified department activities and projects, requiring sound planning, judgment, adaptability, and accountability
- Ensures compliance with company’s policies and financial controls regarding Employee Expense Reimbursement & Accounts Payable processes
- Plays a key role in the auditing and reporting functions performed by US and GSC Teams and, if required, escalation to Legal, Compliance and Human Resources as required
- Handles complex SAP Accounts Payable and Concur Expense Reimbursement system transactional processing issues
- Project Management
- Assists in system upgrades and technology enhancements from development to implementation for Concur Expense, Accounts Payable and general department projects
- Provides assistant to ensures objectives, outcomes, metrics and timeframes are in place for key projects and key outcomes are sustainable
- Collaborate with Finance & Operations team to coordinate projects that span across the different teams
0-10% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related field required
- A minimum of 5 years of business related experience preferred
- Ability to collaborate with customers for prioritization and impact
- Analytical and technical proficiency at analyzing data sets to derive insights
- Attention to details and high focus on quality
- Outstanding team and client-facing communication skills
- Project management skills
- Quantitative analysis skills
- Advanced Excel/PowerPoint skills required
- Strong ability to work independently as well as in teams
Millions rely on us
At Novo Nordisk, we don’t wait for change. We drive change. We’re a dynamic company in an even more dynamic industry, and we know that what got us to where we are today is not necessarily what will make us successful in the future. We embrace the spirit of experimentation, striving for excellence without fixating on perfection. We never shy away from opportunities to develop, we seize them. Working at Novo Nordisk is working toward something bigger than ourselves, and it’s a collective effort. Novo Nordisk relies on the joint potential and collaboration of its more than 40,000 employees to change the lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronic diseases. Together, we go further. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.