Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Support II
Requisition #: 77905
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is hiring a full-time Sr. Applications Analyst to join our team! The Senior Applications Analyst should specialize in Epic Cadence, Grand Central and/or Referrals. The Applications Analyst provides complex build, analytical and troubleshooting skills proactively for implementing and supporting clinical technology applications for the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta user community. Advocates for user needs and coordinates support requests within Information Systems & Technology. Supports efforts which ensure safe patient care and services by developing and delivering clinically and technically sound solutions for customer technology needs. Acts as liaison among various operational business partners, Information Systems & Technology, and vendors. Consults with and advises clinical departments on operational integration of available technology. Functions as technical subject matter expert on various clinical and technical initiative teams. Provides internal and external training and mentorship.
- College degree in operationally related area or equivalent experience
- No professional certifications required
- 2 years of experience in Epic Cadence, Grand Central and / or Referrals or equivalent systems in an operationally related business
- Experience in leading complex projects from inception to completion with minimal supervision
- Senior level build experience with Epic Cadence or GC or Referrals - highly prefer all three applications
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Proven strong oral and written communication skills with a diverse population
- Proven organizational, problem-solving, analytical, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with teams across organizational lines
- Creative problem-solver with strong focus on achieving objectives within prescribed timelines while maintaining quality standards and organization requirements
- Flexibility to manage multiple initiatives and shift priorities based on business needs
- Ability to perform job duties independently with minimal supervision and assist other team members in leading complex projects from inception to completion
- Functions as business partner and consults with physician practices, service lines, departments, individuals, and coworkers.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of system capabilities, applications, and processes to function effectively as educator and expert for system users.
- Creates/modifies/advises/trains on workflow improvements regarding system usage and design.
- Establishes and leads regular meetings proactively with department heads and/or superusers to identify, document, and prioritize their needs.
- Performs rounds with departments to maintain casual interface with individuals and focus on relationship-building.
- Coordinates operational and capital project requests with appropriate Information Systems & Technology and operational teams.
- Acts as primary contact for supported applications regarding system down time.
- Leads delivery of technical consulting and support services and solutions with minimal management input.
- Takes primary ownership for Epic and other applications software and file maintenance support for break-fixes, optimizations, special updates, upgrades, and implementations.
- Leads/facilitates system design, validation, and/or remediation sessions.
- Resolves highly complex, multi-function application errors and system issues independently.
- Leads in assessment, coordination, documentation, release note review, testing and implementation of programming, upgrade, and project requests.
- Develops and maintains strong and positive relationships with all application vendors, acting as primary vendor contact.
- Provides on-call coverage as scheduled.
- Provides project management services and support for broad scope projects with limited management interaction.
- Follows Information Systems & Technology project management protocol.
- Leads assessments of new projects and requests, utilizing prescribed project tools.
- Advocates user perspective and focuses on ensuring a comprehensive support plan and documentation.
- Works with end users to navigate the project request process.
- Ensures compliance with Information Systems & Technology, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Joint Commission, and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Follows prescribed change management and time reporting processes and documentation requirements.
- Responds to support calls within designated times according to priority and provides regular updates until resolution.
- Leads team in queue management and assists team members as needed to be sure calls are answered and followed up on efficiently.
- Provides and communicates clear documentation for support, status, and issues resolutions.
- Provides system solutions in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Remains current on Epic new version training for all applicable Epic certifications (if Epic).
- Provides leadership within and across teams.
- Assists and mentors team members and other staff and serves as orientation resource for new employees.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with team, department, and organization.
- Participates in educational and leadership opportunities to enhance professional growth and expertise.
- Serves as a positive change agent within and across teams.
- Leads/facilitates team and cross-team meetings and initiatives.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistanceBending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Climbing - Not PresentHearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Pushing/Pulling - Not PresentSitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Standing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)WORKING CONDITIONS*Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1575 Northeast Expressway, Bldg 2, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Information Technology - Business Partnering