Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Business Systems Analyst will work closely with the business to identify their requirements and advise the business on best systematic practices for large projects with cross functional impact. The Sr. Business Systems Analyst also works closely with Solution Analyst and Developer to better understand how a system works to ensure that documented requirements are met. The Senior Business Systems Analyst works within an Agile work stream.
- Leads end to end requirements gathering sessions to assess, interpret, and analyze customer needs and requirements
- Understands and can discuss the application and implications of changes to process, policies and procedures
- Provide analytical support and expertise needed to translate requirements into solutions
- Solves complex problems and/or conducts complex analysis
- Works with minimal guidance and seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Responsible for facilitating meetings and presenting documented requirements and complex concepts with clients / customers
- Responsible for writing and documenting business requirements
- Supports application testing and configuration with project teams to ensure solution will meet the business objectives of the requirements
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience as a Business Analyst facilitating and documenting requirements (such as process flows; use cases; and / or business requirement documents) gathered from both business and IT counterparts
- 4+ of experience with SQL Queries
- 2+ years of Healthcare experience
- Experience working on multiple projects concurrently
- Prior experience communicating with senior leadership teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are - ability to communicate ideas and analysis in a clear concise fashion to clients, colleagues and senior business leaders
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience working with financials
- Experience working with all phases of Agile
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize deliverables
- Proven leadership ability in mentoring and coaching less experienced team members
- Proven ability to work in a highly virtual and matrixed environment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business analyst, SQL, requirements, healthcare, process, documenting, Hartford, CT; Basking Ridge, NJ; Eden Prairie, MN