Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
This role focuses on delivering the company-wide total well-being strategy to drive an excellent employee experience to enable our people to bring their very best to serve patients.
Serves as the analytical backbone of the Compensation Team. Responsible for the integrity of external market data and the smooth operation of the annual compensation planning process. Provides analytical support to the Compensation Team.
- Project manages the annual compensation review process. Develops related training and communication. In partnership with HR Systems & People Analytics Team, may perform user acceptance testing on system enhancements to the application. Ensures adherence to overall project timeline.
- Accountable for the salary survey submission process. Tracks surveys and due dates. Prepares compensation profile, position matches and data compilation for salary survey submission. Maintains employee and survey data in the MarketPay online market-pricing application. Accountable for annual market pricing process, updating levels and upload into Workday. May analyze salary survey results to assess market competitiveness, and effectiveness of pay related programs.
- Serve as the team expert on the MarketPay online market-pricing application. Creates best practices on usage of the tool and shares with the team. Provides assistance to other members of the Compensation Team on effective utilization of the tool for meaningful analytics.
- Administers the Arigato Recognition Program and Service Award Program. Develops budget and budget allocation methodology. Serve as Workplace Solutions point of contact as they administer and track point budget within the program as well as the financial spend for the core program and special projects with Finance and Accounting. Acts as a thought leader on recognition topics, offering timely communication and training on the strategic use of recognition. Maintains a high level of customer service in response to participant issues with the program. Manages the vendor to ensure participant satisfaction.
- Build & communicate annual Compensation calendar. Partner with the Compensation Team to organize key projects and milestones throughout the year. Partners with Benefits and Employee Experience & Engagement to determine any overlaps and leverage synergies.
- As requested, conducts market analysis for individual employees/teams and develops recommendations for pay adjustments, promotional or developmental increases, and hiring ranges. May work with Talent Acquisition to develop candidate offers.
- Performs special projects as assigned, may include ad-hoc research, analysis and conducting surveys in order to provide guidance on current and future Compensation programs.
- Ability to partner effectively within the Total Well-Being Team and provide cross functional support / expertise to the Benefits and Employee Experience & Engagement Teams as needed
- Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- BS Degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant discipline required.
- MBA strongly preferred
A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in the following compensation areas:
- compensation or financial analysis, or other related experience.
- Knowledge of job evaluation techniques, including market-pricing methodology.
- Familiarity with Workday Compensation Module and MarketPay market pricing tool
- Ability to manage projects of varying complexity
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Global Values & Core Behaviors: Accountability, Integrity, Innovation, Develop & Grow, Collaborate & Trust, Be Inclusive & Embrace Diversity.
- High degree of integrity / confidentiality
- Curious, inquisitive
- Basic knowledge and experience of compensation theory and practice; including market pricing; incentive design, etc.
- Learning agility/ability to learn the business
- Developing Influencing / Consulting skills
- Developing comfort in navigating ambiguity
- Attention to detail
- Highly analytic; ability to leverage and analyze data
- Learning to simplify the complex
- Basic presentation creation and presentation skills
- Verbal and written communication
- Collaboration / partnering
- Project Management
- Strong Excel skills, experience with MarketPay and Workday
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.