The Advanced Research and Analytics (ARA) organization provides analytic consulting, analytic solution design and delivery to the various lines of business and shared services organizations within UnitedHealthcare. The ARA team provides analytic services and solutions which include data acquisition, data management, predictive analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, application integration and reporting.
The ARA team provides Analytic Services across a wide variety of business domains including claims processing, payment integrity (fraud, waste, abuse, error), member/provider experience (digital, call center, campaigns, net promoter scores), clinical insights, provider network optimization, and many more.
The Senior Data Analyst will work with stakeholders within the Healthcare Network Analytics domain to provide manipulation and analysis of data for variety of analytics solutions. This includes working with vast amounts of data from varied sources to help discover insights that lead to more effective and automated decisions across Clinical Processes.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify & understand data requirements to develop tools and models such as segmentation, dashboards or data visualizations
- Create common data structure, product specifications and data solutions to perform analysis & develop actionable insights
- Understand, Manage and Manipulate structured data for creating business intelligence tools and conducting complex analysis
- Utilize tools (business intelligence, data visualization, query, analytic or statistical software) to build solutions, perform analysis and interpret data
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Serve as key business resource on complex and/or critical data issues
- Provides explanations and information to others on the complex issues
- Motivates and inspires other team members
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Analytics or related field
- 5+ years of technical solutions experience, including 2+ years of a combination of BI/DWH and Analytics
- Experience in various BI/DWH technologies, such as: Tableau, MS SSIS, SSRS, Cognos, SAS, SPSS, Cognos, and RDBMS databases (SQL Server, Oracle) and Appliances (IBM Netezza, Teradata, Oracle Exadata etc.)
- Deployment of a large BI project
- Experience in the Health care domain
- Strong business focus; must excel at connecting business requirements to analytic objectives and to measurable business benefit
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: data analyst, business intelligence, bi, data warehouse, tableau, sas, sql, ssis