Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a \"Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,\" Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Senior Director, Competitive Intelligence is fully accountable for insight generation at the global level for all oncology assets within Daiichi Sankyo and is a member of the I&A LT. His/her leadership enables the team to develop a comprehensive competitive intelligence plan to support Commercial, Medical and Clinical R&D functions. The incumbent enables relevant and prioritized insights to be generated and cascaded across the organization at the highest standard in a timely manner. He/she is accountable for evolving the current process, building new capabilities, and leading initiatives related to competitive intelligence. In addition to the strong business relationship with global stakeholders, he/she must build trustworthy business relationships with external partners and regional stakeholders.
- Lead CI collaboration on the Brand Strategic Plan for multiple assets, provide directly and through the team a CI plan to support market and clinical insights across the oncology portfolio
- Secure execution of the CI plan through robust methodology in a timely manner and thorough selection of the subject matter expert vendors
- Secure consistency and create synergies across DS products by maintaining the same framework of key deliverables
- Create strategic partnership with all internal and external CI resources (DS Medical Affairs, DS Scientific Library and Alliance Partner)
- Be an influential voice as a business partner for each Brand Lead regarding CI for their respective Brands
- Develop a repository of market & clinical knowledge for each tumor type that will become a reference document for Brand teams and that will feed the tumor strategic document
- Interface with regions to share outputs of competitive intelligence as well as to get an integrated plan with regions to avoid duplication
- Beyond data collection, articulate key competitor's strategy to inform Brand leads on new threats and opportunities
- Coordinate the communication of competitive intelligence in an actionable manner
- Operate Competitive Intelligence within Daiichi Sankyo SOPs and highest standard of professional conduct
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)Bachelor's Degree Emphasis in Health Sciences required Master's Degree preferred PhD preferred
- 10 or More Years years of Pharma/Biotech experience, of which at least 8-10 years in CI, marketing research or business analytics within a Global Team or US Region required required
- • Prelaunch or In-line market research experience, preferred • Experience in multiple regions, preferred • Experience with Japan preferred • Superior analytical skills are required with an understanding of a broad range of CI & marketing research methodologies • Expertise with CI and methodologies for all lifecycle phases • Proficiency with global & regional CI vendors necessary to assess clinical and commercial status and end to end overall strategy of competitive assets required
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.