Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President, Global External Innovation, support Daiichi Sankyo's R&D organization (including the Global Science Initiative (\"GSI\") and related initiatives with R&D directed toward increasing access to early-stage innovation) in the management and oversight of the identification and execution of academic and industrial R&D collaborations and equity investments in innovative companies. Primary responsibilities include understanding strategic pipeline needs and areas of interest and partnering with colleagues in R&D to identify opportunities for research collaborations consistent with these needs and interests. This person will also be instrumental in ensuring that the business processes involved in these activities are optimized to meet the organization's evolving needs and for helping maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
- In close partnership with R&D (including GSI and the DS research labs), establish and expand a network of trusted relationships with academic institutions, biotech companies and venture investors to access new opportunities. Coordinate feedback on opportunities from relevant internal constituencies.
- In close partnership with R&D (including GSI and the DS research labs), provide expertise in the scientific assessment, therapeutic evaluation and feasibility for external collaboration and investment opportunities with relevant internal stakeholders. Support the internal scientific review and feasibility process once a decision is made to pursue discussions. Work to support the evaluation and feasibility analysis. Prepare documents for submission and presentation to management. Report to global business development leadership and cross-functional senior leadership on the status of key opportunities and seek approval for advancing projects.
- Develop close working relationships with stakeholders in the R&D organization to understand their needs for external research collaborations and to build communication channels that leverage the total organizational knowledge of targets, modalities and disease areas.
- Assist the Senior Vice President, Global External Innovation on projects of strategic importance, evaluation of departmental processes and priorities, management presentations and other activities.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Advanced degree - PhD in a relevant scientific discipline is required.
- 7-10 years of experience as a research scientist and/or operations manager in an academic and/or industry research lab setting. Experience working in a pharmaceutical and/or biotech setting is required.
- The ideal candidate will also have at least 3-5 years of experience associated with an academic technology-licensing organization, corporate search and evaluation and/or business development organization.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with and understand the role of venture investing in early-stage life-sciences companies.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.