Senior Director of Linen Services
The Senior Director of Linen Services will assume primary responsibility for significantly broadening & expanding our healthcare linen services processed volume, by increasing the services provided to unrelated third-party accounts. This role will provide overall strategic direction, development and management of the Linen Services Plant and Equipment Modernization Master Plan and will serve as a complement to the oversight and management of day-to-day operations provided by the existing Director of Linen Services and the Linen Services leadership team. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Education/Training & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, or related field.
Eight (8) years of experience in commercial or healthcare facility laundry including a minimum of six (6) years in a managerial role.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, or related field.
- Ability to collaborate with others to introduce change and implement effective new programs and strategies for Linen Services.
- Skills in communication and influencing people; able to attract, evaluate, train, and motivate all levels of personnel.
- Exceptional sales ability and able to work cooperatively with a wide variety of constituents.
- Proven sensitivity to customer needs via the practice of quality service principles.
- Familiarity with budgeting, forecasting, and other elements of operational and fiscal responsibility
- Mechanical aptitude and a keen understanding of Linen Services operations.
- Ability to promote a calm, organized approach in all situations.
- Knowledge of Linen Services regulation and agency requirements.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, implements and controls Linen Services operations to meet departmental goals and objectives. Monitors department-based quality evaluation activities, and oversees measures to ensure that hospital, DNV, OSHA and other regulatory standards are met.
- Directs Linen Services key performance indicators which establish departmental operational, financial and service excellence as its norm.
- Ensures the achievement of service excellence by implementing initiatives which promote collaboration and strengthens new business alliances.
- Plans, monitors and manages budgets for a facility, business unit or corporate organizational unit, typically in the $10M - $40M range.
- Hires, develops and retains a competent, productive, quality-conscious and customer satisfaction-oriented team. Monitors associate training and education to ensure that the competence of all team members is assessed, demonstrated and improved throughout their employment. May also recommend or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions.
Supervision Provided by this Position:
- Directs an organization of approximately sixty (60) linen services team members, including Directors, Managers and other staff.
Physical Demands/Conditions: Physical Demands/Conditions:
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion. Associate must possess good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work - exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
- Associate must have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- Working conditions: Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.
- Business travel may be required.