If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Along with Finance Manager, assist local plan and County leadership in understanding financial performance of Salt Lake County contract as well as specific underlying accounts.
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
- Prepare journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, collaborating with accounting personnel
- Reconcile certain general ledger accounts
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Prepare monthly financial reports for external customer
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation
- Prepare and coordinate provider payments with accounts payable
- Prepare detailed monthly reporting for providers
- Assist with preparation annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Priority and organize work to meet deadlines
- Develop innovative approaches for continued improvement
- Support financial reporting requirements to County and State in accordance with contract requirements
- Models and promotes the core values of the Utah Department of Health, Salt Lake County Division of Behavioral Health Services and Optum Salt Lake County
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent, from an accredited university
- 2+ years of professional accounting and/or finance analyst experience
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial statements
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word and Excel (including familiarity with Pivot Table, Vlookups, SUMIFS, and ability to sort data based on multiple criteria)
- Ability to work from an office in West Valley City, Utah during normal business hours
- Minimal local travel (< 10%) to/from Salt Lake County municipal offices as well as other meeting locations offsite may be required
- Public Accounting Experience and/or CPA license
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Access
- Healthcare experience
- Experience with Hyperion SmartView and PeopleSoft Financials
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Finance Analyst, West Valley City, UT, Utah