Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Support I
Requisition #: 62261
The Senior Internal Communications Coordinator supporting physician communications is a professional who contributes to physician engagement, retention and education by developing and coordinating strategic internal communications efforts that enhance understanding of key messages and organizational goals and motivate desired behaviors. The Senior Internal Communications Coordinator works with vendors, department directors and managers, System leaders, front line employees, and other staff to ensure that these efforts are effective, relevant, timely and organized.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field
- No professional certifications required
- 5 years of experience in internal/employee communications, corporate communications, or public relations required
- Demonstrated experience:
- Planning, executing and measuring communication strategies or marketing activation plans to achieve specific objectives
- Using audience analyses and insights to inform communications strategies
- Developing and managing editorial calendars for multiple communication channels and audiences
- Writing and editing key messages and communications for multiple audiences, including executives, leaders and staff
- Developing and managing creative design on collateral productions
- Using surveys, verbal feedback, focus groups, and other communication measurement tools
- Working under pressure and managing multiple projects at once, specifically flexibility and adaptability to unexpected changes, and demonstrated experience in developing and meeting or exceeding deadlines
- Synthesizing and communicating results and success metrics to key stakeholders
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a communication, marketing, public relations or project management-related role
- Master’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with change management
- Experience working in healthcare, public health or physician practice
- Experience using digital marketing tools such as web content management systems and email marketing platforms
- Experience in Adobe Suite or Photoshop
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Demonstrated knowledge of communication principles, including change management and strategy.
- Demonstrated writing/editing skills and analytical/creative experience necessary to address targeted messages to a variety of audiences using different channels
- Creative problem-solving and collaboration skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including communicating with others and speaking in public, listening effectively, interviewing and gathering information from sources at all levels in the organization
- Requires superior project management skills
- Ability to work with varying levels of staff and leadership
- Ability to capture the authentic voice of leadership in written communications and partner with them to effectively deliver messaging to their teams in both written and in-person formats.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and fast-changing environments effectively
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environments
- Develop and manage comprehensive physician communication strategy to support the System strategic plan and priorities, such as quality and patient safety, research, recognition, patient experience, organizational changes and other priorities resulting from emerging trends
- Develop messaging for a variety of channels, such as intranet, System publications, internal leadership meetings, System-wide emails, manager portal, management updates, speeches, talking points, System letters and memos, presentations, national recognition projects, and other communication projects
- Periodically audit communication channel effectiveness and propose revisions to communications strategy and tactics
- Continually monitor and report on key success metrics
- Develops and facilitates relationships with key internal contacts to identify opportunities on an ongoing basis, including the Children’s Medical Staff Services, Physician Outreach, Physician Education and Physician Wellness teams
- May facilitate relationships and manage projects with key external contacts, including external healthcare systems and affiliates
- Work with and advise senior leadership on the right forum, timing, and content to ensure physicians and providers are in the know, inspired and empowered to meet our goals.
- Identifies new communication opportunities and develops appropriate messages and vehicles as well as communications plans.
- Serves as a resource and consultant to individual departments to assist with communication campaigns.
- May assist in the development of collateral material for campaigns and managing digital signage content.
- Works with outside vendors to produce high-quality videos as needed. May produce minor videos.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Climbing - Not PresentLifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Sitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Standing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistanceHearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.WORKING CONDITIONS*No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Address: 1575 Northeast Expressway, Bldg 1, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Marketing/Communications - Marketing/Communications