Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir is seeking a hands-on IT Operations Engineer to lead our expanding work in managing endpoints and related systems. Reporting to the Director, IT Operations, you will be in a technical, individual contributor role, focusing on the implementation, configuration, maintenance and auditing of endpoint security and management applications and related infrastructure. You will be responsible for ensuring Vir's global team has a secure and robust environment to do their work, no matter where they are working. The ideal candidate will have a unique background that includes engineering of client and cloud services, excellent vendor management skills, and have a superior service-oriented approach to IT operations.
Vir's IT Department supports staff based in offices and laboratories in the US and Switzerland as well as remote employees. Vir's IT architecture is cloud-first, using a set of integrated SaaS applications to provide a digital workplace for Vir staff.
Remote: West Coast based
- Maintain and enhance endpoint management systems including device management, endpoint security, and group policies.
- Manage Active Directory, Azure AD, Intune, and Okta federated infrastructure.
- Automate IT infrastructure operations and endpoint maintenance & security tasks.
- Collaborate with network team on the installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of network infrastructure including WiFi and VPN.
- Collaborate with facilities and helpdesk in the setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Zoom rooms and AV setups (displays, microphones, video conferencing)
- Provide advanced support to IT helpdesk and end-users endpoint and related systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in systems administration and tools for remote administration, configuration, endpoint security and patching of endpoints (Active Directory group policies, Intune, Airwatch, Automox, Intune, JAMF)
- Experience in design and administration of Okta, Active directory, AzureAD services.
- Experience in systems administration of core infrastructure computing services (Domain Controllers, DNS, data security, data replication, and monitoring) preferred
- Strong understanding of networks and network security and a deep understanding of various networking technologies (e.g. routers, switches, wireless, firewalls and VPN)
- Experience in operating in a global, multi-site environment, including setting up IT infrastructure for new sites
- Certification is a plus: MCSE, Azure and others as relevant.
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.