Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
The Senior Manager Global Market Planning will be involved in supporting VIR development programs and Commercial products with strategic analytics, market research, and forecasting. The individual will lead these activities for designated programs but may also support a variety of Vir critical initiatives, including broader commercial planning, new product assessment, and other market planning activities.
Specific responsibilities include leading design and the application of qualitative and quantitative market research and secondary/syndicated analytics to directly inform clinical development and early launch preparation. The role will collaborate closely with Commercial Product Strategy leads for program teams and other relevant functions as necessary and is responsible for understanding the infectious disease markets to identify key market insights and provide recommendations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Provide key insights and strategic guidance through execution of thoughtful Market Research, data analytics and forecasts
- Provide input and thought partnership to Product Strategy leads for assigned programs and projects
- Support decision making for portfolio strategy, partnering strategy, and business development strategy
- Lead, plan, and supervise market research projects, ensuring high quality, actionable insights and recommendations
- Select vendors, maintain relationships, oversee and prioritize research activities.
- Support development of TPPs; advise and guide decision making for clinical trial design and product positioning from a commercial perspective through market research inputs and in collaboration with broader Commercial team, and lead independent efforts in pressure testing team views
- Monitor changes in the market that are relevant to project portfolio, guide interpretation and recommend response
- Collaborate with HEOR/Market Access on early market access strategy and early pricing strategy
- Be able to support feedback on market presence, including ATUs or other ways to measure KPIs for product messaging
- Develop and maintain models to forecast short and long-term revenues for assigned development programs.
- Provide thought partnership to broader Commercial team and assigned Program leads, including potential impact of market and competitor events as well as risks and opportunities to near and long-range planning, in collaboration with commercial and strategy teams.
- Lead product demand forecasts defining key commercial assumptions including share, pricing, uptake for internal pipeline assets, licensing opportunities and lifecycle programs, as needed
- Develop models for new disease areas that VIR may be exploring either via greenfield or in business development.
- Maintain an updated perspective on current and future competition, including identifying and evaluating relevant competitors, and their impact to the forecast
Market Research, Market Planning, and Commercial Insights
Forecasting and Long-Range Planning
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong analytical and strategic capabilities
- BA or BS in Health Sciences or related field, PhD/MD/MBA is a plus
- 5+ years' proven experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with relevant experience in data analysis, decision support, market research and forecasting
- Previous experience on brand and launch teams preferred
- Previous experience in strategic management consulting preferred
- Strong command of analytical and market research techniques and experience with selection and management of vendors
- Well-honed problem-solving and analytical skills and good business judgment
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced growth environment
- Strategic agility and comfortable in the face of uncertainty
- Curiosity, strong work ethic and a sense of humor
- A strong passion for developing therapies to help patients
- This role may be performed remotely if VIR can support remote work arrangements in the state where you currently reside. This includes most states within the US. If you move forward in the hiring process, VIR recruiters will discuss options with you.
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.