Associate Director, Logistics
On January 11, 2021, we announced our intent to separate our severe genetic disease and oncology businesses into differentiated and independent publicly traded companies. We will retain focus on severe genetic disease (SGD) and will launch our oncology business ( Oncology Newco ) as a new entity, with the completed transition expected by the end of 2021.
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Oncology Technical Development & Operations team at bluebird bio operates with resolute focus to develop, manufacture and supply cell therapies to our patients. This is your chance to help deliver un-incremental change in this emerging field.The focus of this position is to support Supply Chain within bluebird bio Oncology being responsible for the starting material and drug product logistics function managing the relationship with contract manufacturing organizations and couriers for the storage and transportation of starting materials, patient cells, and Drug Product.
HOW YOU LL FLY
This role will provide overall management of the contracted logistics and storage partners for bluebird bio Oncology along with the management of transportation movements. Work with the Sr. Director, Supply Chain, or designee, to oversee the administrative and operational aspects of the outsourced supply chain.
As a Techical Development & Operations bird reporting to Sr. Director, Supply Chain you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Creating the strategic approach and management for the global logistics network for the starting material, patient cells and Drug Product and patient cells in compliance with cGMP requirements and aligned with the business process owners.
- Maintaining and implementing standard operating procedures and work instructions with global contract manufacturing organizations and couriers to ensure product quality and business needs.
- Collaborating with cross functional teams, contract storage partner and outside contract manufacturing organizations to ensure timely shipment and delivery of individualized medicine.
- Accountable for coordinating GxP and non-GxP shipping activities with Global Supply Chain, Clinical and laboratory Research personnel.
- Following cGMP procedures, retrieving documents from the document management system, completing cGMP documents using good documentation practices. Attention to detail when performing and verifying daily activities.
- Communicate shipping status and order visibility information as required to both internal and external clients, monitoring ship information, closing of shipped orders, order status, etc. Schedule out going shipments with approved carriers to successfully meet ship dates. Communicating with couriers and support business operations with contracted couriers to ensure uninterrupted business activities.
- Preparing accurate bills of lading and packing slips, arranging for necessary shipping documentation and contacting customs officials to effect release of shipments.
- Providingrouting information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Examining invoices and shipping manifests for conformity of tariff and customs regulations and report challenges
- Conducting analysis on shipping quality incidents as needed
- Conducting swivel chair activities to document paper-based logistics data into electronic systems(s)
WHAT YOU LL BRING
You re the bird we re looking for if you:
- Have a BA/BS Degree required and 8+ years of experience in pharmaceutical supply chain
- Mastery of outsourced warehousing and logistics management
- Possess excellent attention to detail, project and time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities with aggressive timelines
- Strong working experience with SharePoint, electronic Quality Management Systems, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work both independently and also effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and incorporating multiple points of view
- Prior experience working in ERP systems, supporting a global supply chain for both internal and external manufacturing preferred
- Prior experience in GxP regulations, quality systems, and guidance documents with particular focus on packaging and distribution practices
- Ability to solve problems by applying a combination of best practices and creative solutions while proactively spotting areas for improvement contributing to a plan for resolution
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.