- Participate in the development of new in-vitro diagnostic assay products for the BioPlex 2200 instrumentation platform.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with project teams in the execution of product development and commercial support activities.
- Develop robust scalable products with processes that transfer to a manufacturing environment.
- Assess results and report to management on the progress of new product development projects and activities.
- Ph.D. degree in biological sciences or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of postdoctoral industrial experience in biochemistry and molecular or cellular biology research.
- Direct experience with immunoassay development, particularly with multiplex technologies.
- Strong track record in the development and commercialization of new products.
- Demonstrated track record of technical leadership of complex projects and in transferring new products to a manufacturing environment.
- Fluent in protein chemistry techniques including purification, modification, and characterization.
- Fluent in immunoassay and immunochemistry techniques including traditional and recombinant antibody development, screening, and characterization.
- Fluent in the use of molecular biology techniques including cloning and protein expression.
- Experience with multiplex technologies including bead-based assay development is preferred.
- Strong instrumentation background, preferably with automated immunoassay platforms.
- Experience working in an FDA-regulated industry is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, communication, and multitasking skills are essential.
- Strong computer and data analysis skills, including the use of statistical and bioinformatics techniques and design of experiment (DOE), is required.