Our Research Scientists are our Inventors. We identify and target steps in disease mechanisms or pathways that could be inhibited or enhanced. Our goal is to isolate a compound that is effective against a disease target. Using innovative thinking, state-of-the-art facilities and robust scientific methodology we collaborate to discover the next medical breakthrough.
We are seeking talented scientists to join the Quantitative Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics Immune-oncology team in the role of Senior Scientist. In this role, you will apply quantitative approaches to develop and implement translational clinical pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of new chemical entities and biologics, and perform clinical trial simulations to inform dose selection and go/no-go decisions. You will work in collaborative teams with more experienced scientists across disciplines, and are expected to have or develop expertise in one or more areas necessary to performing primary responsibilities including:
- Being or supporting the lead representative for Quantitative Pharmacology Pharmacometrics on oncology discovery and development teams
- Framing critical drug development questions and using quantitative methods for optimizing drug development
- Developing and executing pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics approaches, population pharmacokinetic models, exposure-response models, quantitative system pharmacology, and other model-based analyses.
- Data management and analysis
On the job you will develop a comprehensive understanding of global regulatory expectations for small molecules, biologics, and/or vaccines, including support for regulatory documents Investigational New Drug application, Clinical Study Report ,Common Technical Document, and agency interactions. You will also develop leadership skills in areas such as mentoring, managing a program, project, or initiative. In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, Senior Scientists are expected to demonstrate good communication skills, collaborating within Quantitative Pharmacology Pharmacometrics and with other functional areas, as well as with external vendors and partners, creating an aligned, quantitative framework to impact decisions of drug development teams.
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree - OR- a PharmD or equivalent degree with at least two years of experience / educational background relating to: pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics , pharmacometrics, mathematics, statistics/ biostatistics, computational biology/chemistry, or chemical/biomedical engineering.
- Proficiency in R, Matlab or other similar programing language
- Professional working proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Experience in pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of large molecules, e.g., mAb PBPK modeling
- Experience in performing population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics analyses
- Experience with standard pharmacometric software (e.g. NONMEM, Monolix, Phoenix, etc.)
- Skills in experimental design, mathematical problem solving, critical data analysis/interpretation, and statistics
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: