Senior Software Engineer (TCAT)
The Senior Software Engineer will drive the design and development effort from the current surgical planning system to the next generation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design software in C++ for robotic surgical devices. Work in a software team environment.
- Design, implement, test, and release software for robotic surgical devices.
- Follow rigorous design control methodology and write concise requirements specifications, architecture specifications, and design description, verification plans, and test cases, based on regulatory requirements.
- Design and perform unit testing of software, assist in the verification and validation process of the complete design.
- Manage schedules, meet and adhere to development goals.
- Provide planning and status information to project manager.
- Performance management
- Must have 5 years of experience developing software products in C++.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of object-oriented programming and software system design.
- Experience implementing complex algorithms including machine learning and classification.
- Experience medical image processing is a plus.
- Experience with Qt application frameworks or similar GUI framework is a plus.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- MS or BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and applicable Quality System Standards.
- Attendance and Punctuality are essential function of the position.
- Drives results
- Optimizes work processes
- Decision Quality
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position and operate office equipment for a prolonged period of time.
- Physical activities include, but not limited to constant manual dexterity, moving about the work site, and/or handling objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Other infrequent physical activities include, but not limited to, positioning self to complete assigned tasks, and ascending/descending floors and/or ladders.
- Occasionally work around moving mechanical parts.
- Must be able to work in a schedule that commensurate with business operation, including work during weekends, holidays and/or times outside of normal business hours.
- Must be able to travel as business necessitates (up to 5 % Travel%).
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.