Senior Surgical Technologist SMA Surgery Center
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work. (sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
- Maintains appropriate surgical environment for patients
- Assists surgeon as required to perform and finish procedures
- Assists in updating and maintaining surgeon preference cards
- Maintain, troubleshoot, clean, and disinfect instrumentation, equipment, and GI scopes
- Maintains courteous rapport and effective communication with staff and surgeons
- Assist as needed to finish procedures within their scope and training
- Assist in compliance activities to maintain facility accreditation
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduate from an accredited Surgical Technology program / or Military Training equivalent
- Certification Surgical Technologist or Military equivalent (within 6 months of hire)
- BLS / CPR at time of hire
- Ability to sit / stand for long periods; ability to walk 2+ hours
- Capability for occasional overhead and low reaching
- Physical strength for equipment needs and patient-care activities
- Visual and auditory acuity for timely response and patient-care assessment activities
- Ability to move quickly in response to patient needs
- Ability to make frequent judgments and respond to routine problems
- Ability to make occasional judgments and respond to disasters or emergencies, actual events, or drills
- Involves occupational exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids and materials
- Functions in a team environment to facilitate completion of daily activities
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Current Surgical Technology Certificate
- 1+ years of Operating Room / Surgical Tech experience outside of internship (preferring a varied background in general surgery, ophthalmology, ortho, gyn etc.)
- GI Technician experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Surgical Technician, GI, ophthalmology, GYN, ENT, oral max, dental, GI, pain, podiatry, orthopedic, general, cardiology, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada