United Therapeutics is a vaccinated work environment where all employees are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. We will provide any accommodations as required by law.
The job details are as follows:
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens - having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society - will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of "medicines for life". We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
In 2021, we became the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
How you’ll contribute
The Systems Engineer will provide technical support for various manufacturing applications such as Werum/Koerber PAS-X, Blue Mountain RAM, TraceLink, Dell Boomi, and Optel Vision Systems in a regulated, validated environment.
- Participate in project initiatives for new and existing systems to include: enhancements or upgrades to existing systems and installation of new software applications, documenting user requirements, performing development and configuration of software, executing system and validation testing, creating/revising SOP’s, and conducting training. Collaboration with software vendors and other UT departments is critical.
- Provide break/fix and administrative maintenance support for designated systems in accordance with department response time SLA’s to include but not limited to: troubleshooting application errors, database errors, user login issues, as well as performing routine tasks such as creating user accounts, assigning access, and performing system maintenance activities and testing.
- Participate in internal team initiatives and process improvement efforts
- Ensure the continuous, uninterrupted availability and functionality of computer systems and coordinate appropriate resources to respond to outages and emergencies
- All other duties as required
The Senior Systems Engineer will:
- Support and serve as the technical lead in project initiatives for new and existing systems. Initiatives include enhancements or upgrades to existing systems, and installation of new software applications. Primary responsibilities include: executing change controls, documenting user requirements, performing development and configuration of software, executing system and validation testing, creating/revising SOP’s, and conducting training. Collaboration with software vendors and other UT departments is critical.
- Provide complex break/fix and administrative maintenance support for designated systems in accordance with department response time SLA’s, including, but not limited to: troubleshooting application errors, database errors, user login issues, as well as performing routine tasks such as creating user accounts, assigning access, and performing system maintenance activities and testing.
For this role you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) in Information Technology or Engineering or an applicable scientific and/or engineering discipline. Will consider commensurate experience and/or combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience in an FDA regulated pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, with emphasis on Quality and Manufacturing System administration, development, and support
- Prior experience with Level 1 or 2 application support
- Experience working in a computer system support environment utilizing a ticket management system to track and manage support requests
- Experience in executing projects, system life-cycle process, gathering and documenting requirements, executing protocols, and understanding of methodology for execution
- Work well with teams with the ability to collaborate, communicate and prioritize workload
- Manufacturing System Application support experience with Werum/Koerber PAS-X Electronic Batch Record, Blue Mountain RAM, Tracelink Serialization Management System, Optel Vision Systems, and/or ERP systems
- Completed full project lifecycle software application installations
- Computer hardware / software validation and change control experience
- Experience collaborating with tools such as Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint and Smartsheets
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server and Windows Server
The Senior Systems Engineer will need
- 5+ years of experience in an FDA regulated pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, with emphasis on manufacturing system administration, development, and support
- Experience as technical lead on projects and with system life-cycle process, gathering and documenting requirements, executing protocols, and understanding of methodology for execution
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)-PMI
- System Integration experience using a Platform As A Service such as Dell Boomi
- Computer system programming and software development experience
- Proficiency in SQL or Oracle Database Administration
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities