Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
Our Company's Hilleman & Teknika Manufacturing Sites in Durham, NC are hiring across multiple products and processes. The local site hiring team will determine based on your experience and skill set where you would make the greatest positive impact as a Senior Production Technician.
The Senior Production Technician supports the manufacturing process through hands-on cell culture, fermentation, bacterial propagation, purification, filling, lyophilization, crimping/sealing, product inspection, media preparation and/or sterile assembly, as well as other production-related activities. The ideal candidate for this position has demonstrated an ability to manage their own work activities as well as act as a key contributor toward the success of the team using their decision-making and problem-solving skills and knowledge of aseptic manufacturing.
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from manager
- Aseptic practice and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) adherence
- Works in a team environment to accomplish departmental goals
- Ability to direct own work through leadership
- Drives safety procedures
This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the Job. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
- Working in conjunction with all appropriate personnel, performs manual and/or automated operations, general maintenance and support functions necessary for the production of vaccines.
- Serves on safety, quality and other committees, if applicable.
- Provides and/or authors all documentation and clerical functions necessary to allow proper accountability and traceability of product.
- Maintains, inventories, and transports all required equipment, materials, supplies and products. Ensures shipment criteria and timely availability and delivery.
- Performs process troubleshooting while maintaining production schedule.
- Executes equipment setup/breakdown, operational, and equipment inspections, as required.
- Assists Maintenance, Instrumentation and Automation during troubleshooting of common faults/errors.
- Performs housekeeping in all work areas. Executes facility decontamination according to approved procedures. Maintains, cleans and prepares equipment used in manufacturing processes.
- Performs sampling/in-process testing supporting the manufacturing and validation process for current process as well as developmental work for new products/processes as required.
- Identifies and addresses compliance, environmental, safety, and process deviations as appropriate while notifying appropriate personnel.
- Maintains, cleans and prepares equipment used in vaccine production.
- Schedules and performs environmental monitoring during processing and records results in the computerized database system, if applicable.
- Provides timely delivery of sample and other materials to appropriate laboratories, coordinating with Quality and Logistics, as required.
- Attends and actively participates in HAZOPS, waste walkthroughs, 5S, kaizen events, or any other operations, lean six-sigma, quality, safety or environmental training/initiatives, as required.
- Subject Matter Expert in SAP (Forecasting, order release, KPIs - Key Performance Indicators)
- Serves as the subject matter expert within the processing suite and trains new team members.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 2 years experience in working in the pharmaceutical industry and/or within aseptic clean room environments OR Bachelor degree in a technical field.
- Candidates may be required to work in an aseptic gowning environment to perform job duties. Aseptic gowning requires that all skin and hair are covered through wearing the following: Beard/moustache cover, hair net, hood and face mask, goggles, jumpsuit, gloves and boots.
- Candidates are willing and able to lift 50 lbs.
- Candidates are willing to be vaccinated/blood tested for titer for products manufactured within the facility, if required.
- Candidates successfully complete Tuberculosis titer and Chest X-ray, if required.
- Multiple shifts are available. Shift requirements will vary based on the position you are selected for. Shift preferences will be requested if selected for interview.
- Experience with batch record execution, including good documentation practices.
- Demonstrated 1-2 years of leadership experience
- BioWorks Certificate (working in an FDA regulated industry)
- Certified Yellow Belt
- Proficiency in the use of SAP in a manufacturing setting
- Execution of Paper or Electronic Batch Records
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: